Going to printer a document but canon mg2900 printer shows offline message. Unfortunately, most of the time, it doesn’t know if the printer is offline or has connectivity issues or printing errors. These may occur when:
- Connection between the computer and the printer is slow/unresponsive.
- Printer has encountered an internal error.
- Unfinished print jobs in queue.
Steps to fix canon mg2900 printer offline in windows 10
There are might be several reason behind the printer keeps going offline on windows 10. Therefore, check the printer “Hardware and Software” and connectivity with the power cable and router.
- Go to the Devices and Printers section in Control Panel.
- Locate the printer, right-click it, and choose Remove device.
- Click Yes when the confirmation dialog appears.
- Download the latest driver from the printer manufacturer and install it.
- Update drivers automatically.
If you do not have the necessary computer knowledge to manually update/fix the drivers and turn printer offline to online.
How to Fix canon mg2900 printer offline in windows 7
Make sure printer is connected with the computer wired or wirelessly and set printer as default printer.
- Change the printer properties.
- Go to Control Panel> Devices and Printers.
- Right-click the printer and choose Printer Properties from the menu.
- Go to Ports, select the IP address of the printer from the list, and click the Configure Port button.
- Uncheck SNMP Status Enabled and click O.K. to save the changes.
- Note: This solution only works if you are using a network printer. If you’re having trouble setting up your
- printer, we’ve put together a simple guide to help you with that.
Restart the Print Spooler service
- Press the Windows + R key, tip services. MSc, and press enter or click O.K.
- Locate the Print Spooler service, right-click it, and choose Restart from the menu.
- Note: Please note that this may not be a permanent solution, so you will need to repeat it if the problem persists.
Frequently Asked Question
Q: How do i turn my canon mg2900 printer offline to online?
Ans: Press the Windows + I key to open the Settings application. Navigate to the Update and Security section. Click the Check for Updates button. Note: If you can’t open the Setup app, take a look at this article to resolve the issue.
Q: Steps to change printer offline status online?
Ans: Go to Control Panel> Devices and Printers. Right-click the printer and choose Printer Properties from the menu. Select the Ports tab and click the Add Port button. Select Standard TCP / IP Port and click the New Port button. Click Next → after the Printer Port Wizard starts. Enter the required information. You can get them from the printer’s instruction manual. Click Next →.