Is your HP printer facing an offline problem? There are several reasons behind the printer keeps going offline. Offline error comes up when the Wi-Fi network connection is unstable, printer drivers are not updated etc. First, go to the printer setting and right-click on our printer model and see what’s the printer printing. Further, you may like to read on other printer issues.
How to get printer back online
- Make sure printer is connected to WLAN or USB and restart printer and computer.
- See the printer software updates on computer.
- Check that ink cartridges are empty or have a low volume of ink.
Why does my HP printer keep going offline Mac
- Go to the mac “Preferences” and open printer menu.
- Right-click on your printer and click on troubleshoot.
- Now troubleshooter shows the error behind the offline printer itself.
How to Change printer offline to online Mac
- Check the printer’s cables and power plugs if they are connected properly.
- To check the paper for printing if it is enough available for printing, scanning purposes.
- See if any updates are available for installing.
- Printer settings are required to get checked.
- Make sure that the printer and computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
My HP printer connected to WiFi but says offline Mac
- Firstly to restart your Mac device
- Check the printer drivers if they have become outdated and need to get updated to their latest version.
- To check the wifi connection on the Mac device. If it is stable and is working properly.
- Delete the pending printing tasks on the printer and see if the printer gets connected to Wi-Fi.
- Re-install the printer on your mac device.
- Reset the printer settings on mac.
- Update the printer softwares.
How to fix HP printer offline on windows 11
Turn printer offline to online on computer. Go to the desktop start button and click on the windows icon. Next, in open list, check for “Printers and Scanners”. Go to the printers list and right-click on your printer model and set printer as Default Printer. Follow the steps given below and fix printer printing issues.
- Plug in the power socket and Turn on the Printer and Desktop.
- Go to the computer start button and open “printer and scanners”.
- Now right-click on the printer and set printer as default printer.
- Reboot the printer and desktop.
- Go to the computer start button and printer setting.
- Right-click on your printer and click on manage.
- Now on left-side bar click on the “Print a test page”.
- See the wired connections of the printer and wifi router.
- Restart the printer and wifi network router. Check if, the printer gets connected to wifi network.
- Check the printer ports if they are working properly.
HP Printer do not print or respond becuase of not connected to the wireless network. In that case, check the USB Wi-Fi router cable connection. USB cable blinks on the port side and indicate the connection. Next, check the connection between printer and Wi-Fi and Go tot he printer setting on computer and see the printer status.
Why is my HP Printer says offline on windows 10
In windows 10, first check your printer software updates. Go to the start search button on the windows left-bottom bar and type “software”. Click on the “check for updates” and see the status of your printer softwares. In case of windows 10, system automatically shows the error behind the printer offline. Further follow the steps and fix printer offline issues.
- Go to the desktop properties and check system specifications 32 bit or 64 bit.
- Now open the web browser and type the official website of printer model.
- Open the website and type your printer model in the web search bar.
- Website displays the result below and click to downloads the software as per your desktop version.
- See the download file in the computer and click to extract all the file.
- Open the unzip file and click on the .exe file to install the drivers.
- Follow the screen on windows and accept “terms and conditions”.
- Now reboot the printer and desktop.
- Go to the windows start button and search for “printers and scanners”.
- Click to add the printer and search for your local printer.
- Add your local printer on computer and turn printer online.
How to fix HP printer offline in windows 7
- Check the Wi-Fi network and see if it is working properly.
- Remove all Pending print job.
- Go to the windows 7 start button and click on it.
- Cursor over the “Devices and Printers” and click on it.
- Go to the printer list and right-click on your printer.
- Remove all the pending jobs.
- Now, Download the latest printer drivers as per windows 7 specifications.
- Install the software and restart the printer.
- Again, go to the printer setting and click to add the printer.
- Add your printer from the list and test a print job.
How do I get my printer back online windows 8
When printer keeps going offline in windows 8, make sure network is stable and printers “Hardware and Software” is up-to-date. Further follow the steps and turn HP Printer online.
- First, reboot your printer and desktop and try to print document.
- Further, Go to the windows 8, start button and go tot he printer setting.
- In printer setting, right-click on your local printer and see what’s the printer is printing.
- Now, again come back and right-click on your printer.
- Right-click on your printer and set printer as Default printer.
Follow the above given steps to fix the HP printer status offline on windows 8.
Frequently Asked Question
Q: Why does my HP printer keep going offline windows 10?
Ans: Go to the desktop start button and Type “Printers & Scanners” in Type here to search and open printer screen. Click on your local printer and click on manage and set printer as Default printer.
Q: Why does my HP printer keep going offline mac?
Ans: open MacBook and go to the “system & preferences” and open the printer windows. Now click on your local printer and see the what’s the printer is printing.
Q: How do I stop my hp printer from going offline?
Ans: Go to the windows start Button and click on windows icon. Now, click on the “Devices and Printer”. Go to the printer setting. Right-click on your printer and see the what is printer printing. Remove all pending printing job and set printer as Default printer.
Q: Why is my hp printer offline windows 10?
Ans: Reason behind the printer is offline might be the faulty drivers, faulty power, or any other “Hardware” Issues.
Make sure printers “Hardwares” is up-to-date and next, go for the “Software”.
Q: How to change printer offline status to online?
Ans: Go to the printer list on desktop printer setting. Right-click on your printer and set as Default printer and reboot the printer to turn printer online.
Remarks– This is not HP official page and information provided here is for your knowledge purpose only. For our complete disclaimer visit our Disclaimer Page.