Printer jam error in Windows 10 even after removing paper from the printer. When trying to print a document. The printer attached to the Windows 10 laptop printed a few pages with no problem. After printing four or five pages, a card got stuck in the printer and printer not printing on Windows 10 desktop.
To correct the error and problem, manually remove the jammed paper from the printer and resume printing. Interestingly, Windows 10 and the printer show the same paper jammed in the printer error.
If Windows 10 shows the paper jam error even when the paper is not in the printer. After removing the jammed paper from the printer, you can try the following solutions to fix the error. Note that you can use these troubleshooting tips for any brand printer.
What do I do when my printer says paper jam but there is none
Before you do anything else, turn off the printer for a minute, and then turn it on. This is the best way to fix the printer jam error that appears even after you remove the jammed paper from the printer.
- Open the Windows 10 Settings app. Navigate to the Devices > Printers & scanners page.
- In the Printers and scanners section, you will see the name of your printer.
- Click the printer name (to show hidden options), then click Remove Device to remove the printer.
- When you get the confirmation message, click Yes to remove the printer.
- After removing the printer, you need to add it again. To do this, make sure the printer is turned on.
- Click the Add a printer or scanner option located on the same page (Settings > Devices > Printers and scanners).
- Windows 10 will search for all connected printers and list the name of the printer.
- Click the printer entry and then click Add device to add/install the printer.
Try to print a document now. Windows 10 and the printer should now print the document without errors.